SCOPE OF EXPERIMENTATIONS :
· To determine specific fuel consumption
· To determine Brake Horse Power
· To determine Brake Thermal Efficiency
· Type of Engine
o Single cylinder, four stroke, air cooled, Hand start, self lubricating, petrol engine. (HONDA New)
· Type of Loading
o TD-102A- Rope Brake Dynamometer
§ Rope Brake arrangement with the brake drum fitted on the engine shaft and provided spring balance.
o TD-102B- Electric Brake Dynamometer
§ The engine is coupled with electrical alternator with resistance loading arrangement. Digital voltmeter and digital ammeter is provided.
· Fuel measuring system
o Fuel measuring system consists of a fuel tank, a burette and a three way cock.
· Air intake measuring system
o Air tank fitted with orifice and water manometer.
· Exhaust Gas Calorimeter
o An Exhaust Gas Calorimeter, made of Stainless Steel is provided for calculating heat carried away by exhaust gas. The body of the calorimeter is insulated and thermometers are provided to measure the temperature of water and gas.
· The whole setup is well designed and supported by a good quality painted rigid M.S. Structure.